A View From The King's Barracks, Fort St. George, Madras - 1804
Plate two from '24 Views in Indostan by William Orme'. This aquatint was prepared Richard Bankes Harraden (1778-1862) after an original by Francis Swaine Ward (1736-94). Fort St. George was established by the British East India Comp...
This photograph of the St. Joseph's Church from 'The Lucknow Album: containing a series of fifty photographic views of Lucknow,' was taken by Darogha Abbas Ali c.1874. The Roman Catholic Church of St. Joseph was built in 1860 by Father Raphael of Livorno at the...
This photograph was taken in the 1860s to form part of an album entitled 'Photographs of India and Overland Route'. It shows the Church of the Holy Trinity in Karachi in modern-day Pakistan. Commenced in 1852 and completed in 1855, the church was designed b...
Photograph of St. Mary?s Church in Fort St George, Madras, Tamil Nadu, taken by Frederick Fiebig in c.1851. St Mary?s Church is the oldest surviving Anglican church in the East. Built by Sir Streynsham Master, Governor of Madras between 1678-81, ...
Photograph from an album of 80 albumen prints taken by Eugene Clutterbuck Impey. Colonel James Skinner raised the famous cavalry corps in India known as Skinner's Horse. Skinner (1778-1842) was of mixed parentage, born of a Scottish father and Rajput mother. At t...
Digital Rare Book :
The Economic History of India under early British Rule - From the rise of the British power in 1757 to the accession of Queen Victoria in 1837.
By Romesh Chunder Dutt
Published by Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner & Co., London - 1916
A Railway Train in two sections. The upper has four coaches with men and women passengers, Sikh and British. The lower has two coaches and an engine. The train is symbolic of the new Punjab. Railways reached the Punjab in the early 1860's and the Sikhs had been c...
Digital Rare Book:
Intimate glimpses of life in India; a narrative of observations, educational, social and religious, in the winter of 1899-1900
By George Trumbull Ladd (1842-1921)
Published by Richard G. Badger, Boston - 1919